perjantai 30. joulukuuta 2016

When life gives you snow

Last November, I used up all the snow that had fallen on to my parent's lot to conjure this mighty frozen beast near 8 m / 25 ft in length. For inspiration I tried to remember the appearance of the old 19th century depictions of dinosaurs after their initial discovery (image below).

Of course with my luck, the sculpture turned out to be too close to the road. The next morning, I got to witness the aftermath of, first of all, 10 cm / 4 inches of new snow, and secondly, the regards of the snowplow that came to clear the road from all that new snow. Bye bye, lizard. But for one magical night, the snow reptile was the pride of the neighborhood.

And hauling all that snow was a superb exercise and it took me 5-6 h to complete the task. It was like being a kid again. Now, I just need to have the same sort of snowfall here in Southwest Finland, so that I can maintain my "training program".


A lithograph of the famous Hawkins' dinosaurs built in the 1850's.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti