sunnuntai 4. syyskuuta 2016

Remember Babylon Character Concepts

Here's a couple sketches I've been recently working on for Remember Babylon, a post-robot-wars story. Someone might recall the short comics I drew under the same title a couple of years ago. Those stories were just small "tests", and now I'm trying to create a full-fledged comic book.




So, the two main characters, Mad Mutt and One Shot, are quite the same from before. I'm really trying to finalize HOW I want them to look, so that I can start concentrating on the story. 

Mad Mutt has now a backpack instead of a battle harness, and two revolvers instead of one. I intend to make him a gunslinger type of a character, a real old school soldier. His right eye is swollen, 'cause he's a troublemaker. I also made him extra skinny with a little tummy. His more bark than bite. You might notice the text "The man from the past". We'll get to that another time.

I've had a hard time to figure out how much of cyborg One Shot is. I thought about going with an almost complete human appearance as in Ghost in the Shell or The Terminator, but it didn't look right. A completely mechanic look on the other hand makes it harder to show emotions. I think I'll go with this "everything-but-the-face"-appearance. I'm going to cover most of him with clothes anyway.

I've also taken a new approach towards One Shot's pet dinosaur, who I've renamed Pepe (if you get the reference, you're an awesome person). The new appearance is very much more Jurassic Park -raptor-like, though I increased the crests above the eyes and shortened the snout for a unique, birdlike look. Even though I'm not a fan of the new "feathered dinosaur" appearance of real dinosaurs, I've added a little bit of feathers on Pepe. I think their pretty cool in small quantities.

Sir is a whole new character that in the new story travels together with One Shot. Sir is a mysterious bounty hunter. I like the helmet, but otherwise the characters appearance need more work. I would like to give Sir a melee weapon to counter One Shot's sniper-profile. Here it's something resembling a staff.

As a bonus, I give you the very first drafts from 2012 that I contributed for the comic collection LTT, in case you want to see what I started with. I'd like to draw a camo-cloak on One Shot, but it's devastatingly time consuming.

 
I'll catch you again next time. If you have any feedback, I'll love to hear it! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti