sunnuntai 18. tammikuuta 2015

The small things in life

As a person that gets easily fired up to fight against all the injustice in the world, I can find myself worrying about a great deal of problems that are simply overwhelming. Environmental, economic, political and social issues flood the news, social media and as I grow older, more and more of everyday conversations. The world is heading to ruin. It's as simple as that. And such great wheels are in motion, that a single human being such as I cannot affect them. What is there to do, when the power I withhold is little to nothing? Such cynical thoughts drown me, at least until I remember, that if I stop worrying about solving the large scale wrongdoings, I should just concentrate on my immediate surroundings, to enjoy what I have right here and attempting to make the space around me better. If every person would focus on thriving for good and make others around us repeat the gesture, the small streams would do the river thing, and we just might have a future. When you're happy, it spreads as long as it is given a chance. That's my theory, anyhow.

With the incident at Charlie Hebdo, I found myself pondering these thoughts yet again and inspired by those emotions, I drew this comic, the first for this year.

- "Every so often, one can really
feel useless and insignificant."

- "The environment is being destroyed,
people hate each other,
money is all that counts."

- "Oh well, it's a new year. If I'd just
enjoy things a bit."

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti